Wednesday, June 7, 2017

I blogged quite off and on when I first moved to NYC, and slowly, the city just became normal life and the blogging faded out.

One of my facebook memories reminded me of this place, so let's see if I can figure out how to blog consistently and to see if it is worth it!!

It might be better to blog and post here instead of a million posts on IG or FB. The ART creative healthy faith journey continues. Blogging just helps me to stay present and close to my own experience and hopefully to share helpful ways that I continue to learn from NY about how to live a  creative life, striving for authenticity and the raw faith journey, plus I am willing to share with you all any helpful process experimentations and understandings.

Finally, for today, if you love Curry,

Please try this recipe... I made it with cauliflower rice and honey to make it a paleo recipe!! It was the tastiest Curry I have had  in a long time.

http://www.fortysomething.ca/2010/06/thai_red_chicken_curry.php


Ingredients

  • 1 Tbsp. canola or vegetable oil  Coconut oil 
  • 2-3 boneless chicken breasts, cooked and sliced into bite-sized pieces (or about 2 cups leftover cooked chicken pieces) (I used really flat thin pieces of chicken) 
  • 1 carrot, cut into matchsticks
  • 1/2 red pepper, cut into matchsticks
  • 1/2 onion, cut into thin slices
  • 1/4 cup canned bamboo shoots, cut into matchsticks  ( I actually was out of this, so I left it out) 
  • (Optional) 2 cups greens (bok choy, spinach etc) (I used spinach) 
  • (Optional Vegetables: sliced zucchini and/ or slivered green beans) ( green beans all the way) 
  • 1 tsp. minced ginger ( this is very important ) 
  • 1-2 Tbsp. red curry paste (I usually use 2) ( use half a jar... since it is so small) 
  • 1 can coconut milk (light or regular, about 1 3/4 cups)  Coconut cream not milk ( buy at TRader joe's for a good deal ) .     
  • 1 Tbsp. lime juice (I used two limes) 
  • 1 Tbsp. brown sugar    (  honey instead or real maple syrup !!!) 
  • 1 Tbsp. fish sauce (or Soy Sauce  or Coconut aminos)
  • Salt and pepper to taste
  • Garnish: Torn basil leaves and lime quarter, for juicing over finished dish ( add cilantro like the picture) 

No comments:

Post a Comment